Thursday, December 21, 2006

I've been Tagged!

It's a Christmas poll!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. I still love eggnog, but prefer chocolate anything!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colors. I'm never going to have the beautiful classy tree at the stores, I'm going to have a real tree (ok, fake), with mixed up ornaments and kids helping.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever we get the energy after Thanksgiving. I did put jingle bells on the doorknobs early this year, I was so excited (i.e. before Thanksgiving!).
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? cranberry relish is my first thought. I think we're going to have Chinese for Christmas dinner this year as I have to work.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? looking at the Christmas lights with my glasses off/contacts out (they're all blurry and beautiful that way).
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Don't remember. I wasn't especially young.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We didn't when I was young, but my family started opening them after I moved out. I really don't like to; it's not Christmas yet! To yield to the urges of others, I buy jammies for my kids and let them open those on Christmas Eve (from Grandma and Papa).
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I contract it out to the children, who enjoy it thoroughly!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Didn't move to NC twice for joy of snow. Would be happy to never see snow again.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but DH can't (can't rollerskate either), so haven't in many moons.
13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family visits and games and good times together. I love the church traditions and carols too.
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? #1 son loves sweet potato pie any time, so we eat it on the holidays. otherwise - fudge! or spritz cookies.
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I like to look at the lights. DH isn't as enthused. A local park puts up thousands of lights and charges to drive through; we're going tonight for #2 son's birthday celebration.
16. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving; receiving is usually more disappointing if you rely on it for your joy.
17. What are favorite Christmas Songs? Oh Come (Oh Come) Emanuel, The Angel Gabriel from heaven Came (Sting did this one!) - most all of them. every time I look in the hymn book I find more I wish we sang more often.

If you've read this, consider yourself tagged! Reply here if you don't have a forum of your own to post!

No comments: