Friday, January 11, 2008

politics

i have avoided politics my whole life. i don't discuss politics with my family** because for the most part, they believe what they are told, and they have been told that Republicans are good and Democrats will roast your children over their hellfire. i have never affiliated myself with a party because I believe that most politicians, regardless of party, are corrupt.

i watched a YouTube (linked to a campaign email) today that changed my life. because now i want to work to get this man (click the words to view) elected.

i was brought to the point of tears, because he is preaching HOPE. and this is something we terribly need right now. he is telling us we CAN change the world, and that is something i haven't believed in a long time.

with Oprah backing him, he will be our next President. and that is something i am EXCITED about. also something i have not done in a long time.

watch the video and see if you agree with his message; whether you think he CAN fulfill his promises or not, you will agree that he will try, and that's a huge step in the right direction.

we can change the world.

** that should read, SOME of my family, and they ruin it for the rest of us!

1 comment:

stewbert said...

"Republicans are good and Democrats will roast your children over their hellfire." I don't believe anyone ever said anything similar to that to me, mamabear.

:)

I agree that most politicians are corrupt though.

And the clip you showed is what made one woman in NH decide to vote for him, even though SHE is the one who brought Hillary to tears.