Thursday, September 27, 2007

wild hair

so, i got a wild hair up my butt. grabbed my good scissors and whacked my hair.

it had gotten really long, but it was stringy at the ends, damaged, and falling out postpartum. so i whacked off a good 6-8 inches, but it's still below my shoulders. i actually like it. did a good job, except the center of the back comes to a point; someone else will have to trim that. may run next door after the bus gets here...

i pulled it forward over each shoulder and lopped it off even, so it would curve in the back. then i pulled small chunks out and gave it some texture, chin length and longer. it's about as long as jennifer garner wears hers (see 13 going on 30). and it feels so much healthier!

i think i managed to do this without leaving any major holes, too. i've done this about two other times in my life; both times i was majorly depressed/stressed, and wasn't happy with the results. this time i planned, instead of reacting. and i'm happy! i just couldn't find time to go get it done, so i did it myself!

1 comment:

Alana said...

you are a crazy mofo cutting your own hair. It gives me the willies just thinking about doing that! That, and my stylist would shoot me if I did that to myself...