Alana had some hilarious grumpy replies to these... her answers will be in WHITE after mine when i couldn't resist copying them.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
wrapped. Santa doesn't wrap the presents. He outsourced it to India.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
colored on the tree (it's pre-lit), white on the house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Yeah because I like lovelry poisonous berries all over my house for the kidlets to eat.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Whenever DH gets around to it...
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
um... (tries to think) ... guess i don't have one.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
wrapping presents; the smell of Scotch tape will always mean Christmas to me!
Listening to Dad cuss through the ducts at toys he was trying to assemble on xmas eve.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
i honestly don't remember, but it's been a big deal #1 son finding out...
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
yes, to appease those who insist they need to. and it's jammies.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
i claim i need to work and let the family do it.
11. Snow, love it or hate it?
i have moved to NC twice, and it ain't for love of snow.
12. Can you ice skate?
i can stay up on them.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
no. i remember what i DIDN'T get that i wanted. ain't i a stinker?
OK, fave from DH is tickies to Phantom of the Opera. as a child, it was the big tin mom gave me with all kinds of fun office supply type jazz to play with. really.
14. What's the most important thing about the Christmas time for you?
if i gotta pick, it's cookies. and kiddies.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Fudge. only mine is MAKING fudge. and cookies.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
being with the big family and opening presents for hours. nobody else wants to do this anymore, but i love it. *snif*
17. What tops your tree?
we're talking about sticking our LaLa up there this year...
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
giving. receiving has been particularly disappointing in recent years. if you really wanna hear me bitch, i'll tell you about last christmas, when DH gave me a movie i'd told him i DID NOT WANT IN THE HOUSE, and a book that he had given me the previous year also. my giving tends to be much less problematic.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Elf's Lament. And if you don't know it you suck reindeer balls.
20. Candy canes?
mmhmm. in my pockets all season.
21. Favorite Christmas movie?
Nightmare Before Christmas.
22. What do you leave for Santa?
nuthin. i eats up all the cookies!
23. Have you ever caught mommy kissing Santa Claus?
stupid question, i refuse to answer.